Insurance Cover

Specialist home insurance cover

Non standard homes and circumstances require specialist home insurance. At Intelligent Insurance, we provide insurance for people who have properties or situations that standard home insurance providers often wont cover*.

You can choose Buildings or Contents cover or if you wish take both covers out at the same time to make a combined policy. Our online quote is easy to use and we can quote in over 90% of cases instantly.

Our home insurance is designed to be flexible and can be tailored to your needs.

subsidence insurance by intelligent insurance

Intelligently Specialised Insurance

Whether you’re a homeowner with a unique property, a tenant, or sharing your space with flatmates, we’ve got you covered. Our specialist home insurance policies extend to those who might have faced challenges securing insurance in the past—be it due to previous claims, insurance refusals, criminal records, or financial difficulties.

Professionals from all walks of life, especially those in sectors considered ‘high risk‘ will in most cases be able to secure cover with us. From politicians, childminders and home-based businesses, our cover recognises your profession and provide the right home insurance for your needs.

Unique Properties deserve unique protection

Our expertise lies in insuring properties as unique as the individuals who inhabit them. Whether you reside in a heritage listed building, a steel-framed or timber-framed house, a converted barn, or even a completely unique non-standard build, your home is safe with us.

Properties in flood-prone areas, regions with high theft rates, homes susceptible to subsidence, or those undergoing renovations are all within our coverage capabilities. This includes unoccupied homes, properties in probate, holiday homes, second homes, and accommodations serving as B&Bs or guesthouses.

Specialist Insurance Cover Levels

  • Buildings Insurance

    Cover for the main structure of your home if you need to repair or rebuild it

    Up to £1 million
  • Content Insurance

    New for old cover for belongings kept in your home

    Up to £100,000
  • Alternative Accomodation

    Covers the costs for you and your family including pets to live elsewhere while your home is undergoing repair after an insured event

    Up to £50,000
  • Trace and Access

    Replacement and repair to any parts of the building that are removed when tracing escape of water

    Up to £5,000
  • Accidental Damage

    Cover for accidental breakages or damage to your buildings or contents eg putting your foot through the ceiling, or spilling paint on your carpet

  • Personal Belongings

    Cover for items you take outside of the home with you, such as mobile phones

  • Specified Items

    Cover for valuable items you specific separately on your policy

  • Pedal Cycles

    Cover for our bicycle(s) when taken away from the home



Policy Booklet

The policy booklet explains all of the general terms and conditions that apply to your Intelligent Insurance policy and optional cover

Terms of Business

This important document provides details of our fees, how to cancel or complain, and details about who regulates Intelligent Insuranc

Information Documents

The Insurance Product Information Documents (IPIDs) summarise the key levels of cover and restrictions that apply

*We may not be able to quote in all circumstances. Cover limits/restrictions and/or conditions may apply to the policy. These are clearly detailed prior to purchase, and in the policy documentation for you to determine if the cover is suitable for your needs.