Let Property Insurance from Intelligent Insurance
Protect Your Investment with

Let property insurance

When you let your property, either short term or long term, it is essential you have the right home insurance in place. We also provide cover where you permanently or temporarily rent a room to a lodger.

Your property, Covered.

Flat roof insurance

Protecting your Let Property

It can be surprising how many insurers refuse to provide home insurance if you let your property or let a room to a lodger. Its important you obtain the right cover for your property when you choose to rent it, or part of it out.

Our let property insurance is tailored to fit your specific needs, covering both the building and its contents*. It is important to note that the possessions of tenants fall under their own responsibility. As such, we highlight the necessity for tenants to arrange their own contents insurance to protect their personal items.

  • Let Homes: whether it's short-term or long-term let, we can help
  • Lodger Accommodation: permanent or short term lets to paying guests
  • Comprehensive cover for various property types and rental situations
  • Streamlined quote process tailored to your individual circumstances
Get a Quote
Let Property Coverage Tailored to You

An Intelligent approach to Let Property Cover

Intelligent Insurance approaches Let Property Cover with a smart, personalised touch. Understanding that each property and homeowner’s circumstances are unique, we tailor our policies to your needs.

This intelligent approach ensures that whether your home is a standard build, a listed property, or has unique characteristics, your insurance coverage is as individual as your home.

We’re committed to providing protection that adapts to your specific needs, offering peace of mind and comprehensive cover for both buildings & contents.

What we provide

Buildings cover up to £1,000,000
To repair or rebuild your home, as standard by Defaqto, an independent financial research company
Alternative accommodation
Temporary accommodation in the event your home is uninhabitable
Replacement locks and keys
For lost or stolen keys
Trace and access cover
Replacement and repair to any parts of the building that are removed when tracing escape of water

What isn't included?

We don’t cover loss or damage
  • Caused by wear, tear or gradual deterioration
  • That occurred before the policy started
  • Caused by vermin, insects, pets
  • Caused by dishonest, wilful or deliberate acts
  • Arising from leaks from swimming pools, fixed hot tubs, jacuzzies, fixed spas
Cover restrictions
  • you are only covered up to the maximum claims limits shown on your schedule
  • you are responsible for any excesses stated in your policy
  • any exclusions or restrictions shown by endorsement in your schedule

Let Property Cover Levels

  • Buildings Insurance

    Cover for the main structure of your home if you need to repair or rebuild it

    Up to £1 million
  • Contents Insurance

    New for old cover for belongings kept in your home

    Up to £100,000
  • Alternative Accommodation

    Covers the costs for you and your family including pets to live elsewhere while your home is undergoing repair after an insured event

    Up to £50,000
  • Trace and Access

    Replacement and repair to any parts of the building that are removed when tracing escape of water

    Up to £5,000
  • Family Legal Protection

    Cover for legal expenses (whether prosecuting or defending). There is a £100 excess.

    Up to £25,000
  • Home Emergency Cover

    24 hour immediate assistance from a professional electrician, plumber or other specialist following certain emergencies in the home included as standard.

    Up to £250 per call-out
  • Family Legal Protection Plus

    Family Legal Protection Plus extends this cover limit to £50,000 and increases the range of legal disputes that you’re covered for.

  • Accidental Damage

    Cover for accidental breakages or damage to your buildings e.g: putting your foot through the ceiling, or accidental breakage of glass


Frequently Asked Questions on Let Properties

Yes, at Intelligent Insurance our let property home insurance takes into account your circumstances. Whether you own a single-family home, a house share, or a property left unoccupied for extended periods, our policies can be adapted to the situation.


A House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) is a property with three or more storeys and five or more residents. If your property fits this definition, you must obtain an HMO licence from the local council.

If your property remains unoccupied for more than 30 to 60 days, it’s advisable to consider unoccupied insurance cover. This specialist cover is designed to address the unique risks associated with vacant properties, ensuring you have the appropriate protection during extended periods of non-occupancy.

Still have questions? Visit our help centre

Arranging Let Property Insurance

At Intelligent Insurance, we go beyond standard insurance, providing tailored solutions that align with our customers individual circumstances. Get a quote today today for Let Property insurance.

Intelligent by name, intelligent by nature.

Key Features Include:

  • Defaqto 5-Star Rated
  • Tailored Solutions for Diverse Properties, including holiday lets
  • Get your quote online in under 10 minutes
Let Property Insurance

Get an online quote for your Let Property Insurance, tailored to your needs

Get a quote
Speak to a member of our team

For help with your quote, use our online chat to speak with a member of our team

Live Chat

*We may not be able to quote in all circumstances. Cover limits/restrictions and/or conditions may apply to the policy. These are clearly detailed prior to purchase, and in the policy documentation for you to determine if the cover is suitable for your needs.

Home Insurance Specialists names you can trust

Intelligent Insurance | AXA Panel Member
Allianz Insurer
Intelligent Insurance | Pen Underwriting Panel Member
Intelligent Insurance | Arkel Panel Member
Intelligent Insurance | Non-Standard Home Insurance
Intelligent Insurance | Prestige Underwriting Services Panel Member

Get Your Let Property Insurance Quote Today

Get a quote