Shared House Insurance | Intelligent Insurance
Specialist Contents Cover for

Shared house insurance

Living in a shared home? Ensure the safety of your belongings with practical and reassuring protection. Intelligent Insurance specialises in arranging various types of shared house insurance.

Your Contents, Covered.

Get Home Insurance with a Criminal Record

Do you Need Shared House Contents Insurance

Sharing your home with non-family members? Chances are, you need a shared accommodation insurance policy to safeguard your belongings. Shared living doesn’t mean shared risk. Whether it’s expensive laptops, televisions, jewellery, or clothes, our shared house insurance can protect and replace them if lost or damaged.

Shared occupancy increases the risk of theft or damage, as others and their acquaintances may access your possessions. At Intelligent Insurance, we offer competitive quotes tailored to your exact cover needs*.

With Intelligent Insurance, you only pay for the protection you require.

You can benefit from the years of our expertise and expect key features such as:

  • High-quality Defaqto 5-Star Rated Insurance Cover
  • Contents Insurance Tailored for Shared Properties
  • Flexible Coverage for Individual Needs
  • Quick and Competitive Quotes
  • Easy quote process
Get a Quote

Frequently Asked Questions

Shared house insurance, also known as housemate insurance or tenants insurance, provides coverage for individuals sharing a residence.

It typically protects against risks like theft, fire, or damage to personal belongings. Having shared house insurance is crucial as it ensures that your possessions are safeguarded, offering peace of mind and financial security in case of unexpected events.

Shared house insurance typically covers personal belongings, liability protection, and additional living expenses in case the property becomes uninhabitable due to a covered event.

It’s essential to review the policy details to understand specific coverage, exclusions, and limitations. Items like electronics, furniture, and clothing are commonly included in the coverage.

The division of insurance premiums among tenants is typically agreed upon collectively. The tenants may decide to split the cost equally or based on a predetermined arrangement. It’s important for all occupants to contribute to the insurance premium to ensure continuous coverage and shared protection for everyone residing in the house.

We offer several additional coverage options to provide comprehensive protection for your belongings. These include accidental damage cover, legal expenses, and coverage for valuable personal property, among others. Our team can help you customise a policy that perfectly fits your needs.

Still have questions? Visit our help centre

Arranging Your Shared House Insurance

As well as cover for contents and personal possessions, if your property becomes damaged and you are unable to live in it you’ll be covered for rent you have to pay and the cost of alternative accommodation (within the policy limits) while you are not able to live in your home. Speak to our professional team who can help with any questions you have about cover for your assets when living in a shared house.

Intelligent by name, intelligent by nature. We typically arrange cover for all forms of shared homes, including cover for:

  • Students and housemates
  • Staff, such as au pairs and nannies
  • Lodgers and tenants
Shared House Insurance

Get an online quote for your Home or Contents, no matter what your circumstance

Get a quote
Speak to a member of our team

For help with your quote, use our online chat to speak with a member of our team

Live Chat

*We may not be able to quote in all circumstances. Cover limits/restrictions and/or conditions may apply to the policy. These are clearly detailed prior to purchase, and in the policy documentation for you to determine if the cover is suitable for your needs.

Home Insurance Specialists names you can trust

Intelligent Insurance | AXA Panel Member
Non-Standard Home Insurance by Intelligent Insurance | Liverpool Victoria Insurance Panel Member
Intelligent Insurance | Pen Underwriting Panel Member
Intelligent Insurance | Arkel Panel Member
Intelligent Insurance | Non-Standard Home Insurance
Intelligent Insurance | Prestige Underwriting Services Panel Member

Get Your Shared House Insurance Quote Today

Specialist Insurance no matter you personal circumstances

Get a quote