Can I buy contents insurance without buildings insurance?

Yes, you can.  You may not own the property in which you live, or your contents policy may be due at a different time to your buildings policy, so the two can be purchased separately, and with different providers if you wish.

We would always recommend purchasing contents insurance and building insurance together where you own your property, as most companies will offer a discount for combining the two elements, but this is not essential.

OK, we just need a few details to get started... Step 1 / 5